COWS Creamery Cheddar
The recipe for COWS Creamery Cheddar comes from the Orkney Islands, north of mainland Scotland.
The milk of Holstein Cows from the small local farms in the rolling hills of Prince Edward Island is gently heated but not pasteurized to allow beneficial microbes to thrive and give depth of character and flavor. The salt air and iron-rich soil of Prince Edward Island combine to add flavor and quality to this cheddar.
- 1 Year Old
- Extra Old (18 Months)
- 2 Year Old
- 3 Year Old
- Bars - 2 x 2.5kg / case (approximate weight)
- Deli Packs
- 18 x 200g / case (fixed weight)
- 10 x 200g / case (fixed weight)
- Vegetable rennet is used and no colour is added.
- Our cheese is all natural
- Made with thermized milk - The milk is gently heated, which preserves the microorganisms and enzymes in raw milk that give cheddar its characteristic flavour.
Smooth and firm texture with long, complex, rich, and full bodied flavours and a tangy bite at the end.
- 2018 - Canadian Cheese Awards - Canada's Best Aged Cheddar
- 2018 - Canadian Cheese Awards - Canada's Best Cows Milk Cheese
- 2017 - American Cheese Society Competition - North America's Best Aged Cheddar
- 2016 - American Cheese Society Competition - North America's Best Mature Cheddar
- 2014 - World Championship Cheese Contest - World's Best Aged Cheddar
- 2014 - Canadian Cheese Awards - Canada's Best Cheddar
- 2009 - Canadian Cheese Grand Prix - Canada's Best Cheddar